Commercialise your research
Do you have an idea that you think might be commercially interesting?
At Kuwait University’s Patent Office (part of the Research Sector) we collaborate with researchers and academics who want to protect and commercialise the results of their research.
Working together we can implement commercialisation strategies to transform your idea into a commercial opportunity. This can mean building your reputation as a researcher, applying for funding grants, licensing your idea to a business to take it to market, and benefiting wider society and the State of Kuwait in supporting the Kuwait 2035 strategy to build the knowledge economy.
Take a look at this short video to see how we can support you on your commercialisation journey
Tell us about your idea
How we can help you
Your idea is unique to you. Our team will work with you to help achieve your goals. Our approachable on-site team collaborates with our international expert commercialisation partner Oxentia to guide you through your commercialisation journey.
• During this confidential meeting, we will explore whether your idea is ready for commercialisation. If it is, we will ask you more about the underlying research. This is to understand the commercially interesting benefits of your research so we can work together to identify organisations and companies that would value those benefits.
• The Patent Office will work with Oxentia to analyse the commercial environment related to your research to understand the value of those benefits to the organisation and companies.
• We will look at the competitive landscape and work with you to define a strategy to enter the market. This might include: prototype development, developing and implementing an appropriate intellectual property strategy in the right territories, marketing the benefits of your research, or licensing the innovation to an established company.
• The goal is to achieve social and economic impact from your research by having your research used in industry.
• Any revenue Kuwait University receives from the commercialisation of your research will be shared between you and the University according to the University’s IP policy.
Suggestions & Inquiries
Phone: 24985264 - 24983676